For these vegan savory spinach pancakes with almond ricotta you just need few simple ingredients.
Epic results guaranteed.
Let's prepare the Vegan almond ricotta
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked (100 gr)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegan unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- To serve: chopped parsley, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Cover the almonds in water and soak them overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, drain them thoroughly and peel them (optional).
- Place almonds, water, vegan unsweetened yogurt, lemon juice, and salt in a blender. Pulse for a minute until the mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
...and now the Spinach pancakes!
- 1 cup flour (120 gr)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Crownhealth Pea Protein powder (30 gr)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (240 gr)
- 1 cup spinach leafs
- Olive oil to grease the skillet
- To serve: vegan ricotta, salted mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, pesto sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, Crownhealth Pea Protein powder, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse almond milk and spinach leaves until there are no lumps.
- Gently combine the liquid mixture with the dry mixture, being careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. The batter should look a little bit bubbly and fluffy.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and grease with a little bit of olive oil. Scoop ½ cup of batter and cook until the top begins to bubble.
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve with vegan almond ricotta, salted mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and pesto sauce.
Enjoy this plant-based high protein fluffy goodness and let us know how you liked it!
Ph. and recipe by Carlota