For these vegan savory spinach pancakes with almond ricotta you just need few simple ingredients.
Epic results guaranteed.
High Protein, GF, Vegan
Prep. Time: 35 min
Baking time: 10 min
Let's prepare the Vegan Almond Ricotta
- 1 cup raw peeled almonds, soaked (100 gr)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- To serve: chopped parsley, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional)
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 15 minutes
- After 15 mins drain the almonds and place them in a blender with water, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse for a minute until the mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
...and now the Spinach Pancakes!
- 1 cup flour of your choice (120 gr)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Crownhealth Pea Protein powder (30 gr)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk (240 ml) or milk of your choice
- 1 cup fresh spinach leafs
- EVO to grease the skillet
- To serve: vegan ricotta, salted mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, pesto sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, Crownhealth Pea Protein powder, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse almond milk and spinach leaves until there are no lumps.
- Gently combine the liquid mixture with the dry mixture, being careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. The batter should look a little bit bubbly and fluffy.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and grease with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Bake 1-2 minutes each side, until the top begins to bubble.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve with vegan almond ricotta, salted mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and pesto sauce.
Enjoy this plant-based high protein fluffy goodness and let us know how you liked it!
Ph. and recipe by Carlota