In his article, "What Do Plant-Based Athlete Eat," Philip Woodbridge pointed out that as all sporty people, vegan athletes need the right energy to perform at their best during workouts and competitions.
Many people believe that plant-based nutrition is deficient in carbohydrates and protein. Still, the sports nutritionist underlined that the vegan diet "has the potential to make you feel better through a greater supply and range of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients."
In this article, we want to delight you with an easy to make and protein packed plant-based athlete breakfast recipe.
So what do vegan athletes have for breakfast?
Delicious, quick and easy to prepare, organic soya is packed with all the essential amino acids you need!
What are you waiting for? Prepare this yummy recipe too!
Vegan is healthy and possible.
TOFU SCRAMBLE ON TOAST
- Water (100 ml)
- Mushrooms chopped (300 g)
- Dijon Mustard (1 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (1 tbsp)
- Garlic Powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Frozen Peas Thawed (150 g)
- Onion - chopped finely (1)
- Organic Tofu (400 g)
- Turmeric (1/2 teaspoon)
- Black Pepper
- Multi-grain Bread Toasted (4 slices)
- Soften the onion in a large frying pan with the water for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and continue cooking for 2/3 minutes.
- Add the tofu to a large bowl and mash with the mustard, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and spices.
- Add the tofu mix to the pan and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and stir.
- Serve over the toast. (For a more substantial breakfast and for extra energy, serve with grilled potatoes).
Enjoy your vegan breakfast that makes you arrive at the finish line!
|Total Calories||350 kcal|
|Of which saturated||1.4 g|