The warm, irresistible smell coming from the kitchen of freshly baked goodness… Crunchy sweet bites… Lifesaver in no-time for breakfast mornings, perfect for lazy breakfasts or snack routines and, best of all, always healthy.
Can you guess what's the subject here? It's granola, of course!
The amazing thing about granola is that you can create so many recipes using your favorite ingredients. Boredom does not exist in the granola world!
This granola is also a healthier option since it’s made with unrefined oil and naturally sweetened and is packed with good-for-you ingredients. Furthemore, homemade granola is super easy to make.
So prepare yourself for this yumminess — you’ll only need only a few minutes, one bowl, and few basic ingredients — and let’s prepare this easy and fast granola recipe together!
Trust me, you will love it and I hope you will create your own favorite recipe.
- 3 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free oats for gluten-free recipe)
- 1 cup nuts (we used a mix of pecans and almonds)
- ½ cup seeds (we used pumpkin seeds)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- ⅔ cup dried fruit, chopped if large (we used dried cranberries and raisins)
- Preheat oven to 162°C
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir to combine until oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a parchment-lined large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes watching carefully as to not let it burn. You'll know it's done when the granola is golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Add dried fruit to the pan while the granola is cooling (optional). Break into clumps.
- Store in a sealed bag or glass container at room temperature for 2 weeks
This is delicious as breakfast or snack, in your favourite milk or in yogurt, adding fresh fruits and seeds. Or as topping on smoothie bowls, nice-creams, chia-pudding or desserts.
PRO TIP: Add a protein kick with some super clean protein powders! Easy, healthy, and never boring right? And it keeps you full for longer!
Our best 100% organic plant-based protein can be found here 👇👇👇
Author: Simona, Co-Founder at Crowhealth